Pages

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

POEM WRITTEN FOR MY WIFE:-WHEN WE VISITED HER BIRTH PLACE:-PODAR COLLEGE -NAWALGARH RAJASTHAN


 Image result for podar college nawalgarh images
  Podar College Nawalgarh-Rajasthan


First of all I must thank GOD ………….………………….to give me a human life

It is immaterial whether Boy or Girl……………………...……… Husband of wife

It was almost after 27 years when I visited…    ………...……….. my birth place

I recognized old trees and compound as they……… welcomed me with grace

The tears were rolling down my eyes……… …....…with an emotional outburst

The old Podar College building was looking …….…………….calm but robust

My husband and son were happy to ……………..…….………see my birthplace

As this place could bless them…………………………. with a lady full of grace

Outside the place I could see ………………………….…..an old man in seventy

I was surprised to see him knowing about me …..…………… quite in plenty

My joy knew no bound when he could…………....….. even recollect my name

He narrated as how my father was a man…………… with wisdom and fame

It was unique experience -roaming into the by lanes…...…. of my birthplace

With old buildings and historic havelis…………………... adding to its grace.


Written for my wife-Dr.Rekha Singhal who was born at Podar College Staff quarter at Nawalgarh –Rajasthan
CA Rakesh Kumar Singhal


No comments:

Post a Comment