Pages

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Mahatma Gandhi and Modi-A beautiful write up by my Face Book friend


This picture is from Bengal in 1946

Vultures are eating corpses of Hindus lying on street
That was the reality of India which we have forgotten

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

Mahatma Gandhi and Modi
My father was never a big admirer of Gandhi
He always talked to me about Swami Vivekananda, Subash Chandra Bose, Bhagat Singh, SriKrishna Deva Raya and epic heroes in Mahabharata
But I was a big Bhakt of Gandhi - I virtually worshiped him like a God incarnate
I picked up this from my school textbooks where every year the English text book had some chapter based on his Autobiography and every year in social studies we read about how Gandhi got us independence without a drop of bloodshed by changing heart of British thorough Satyagraha
His story of not copying in school inspired me to be honest, his story of getting inspired by Shravan kumar and then serving his Dad made me love my parents even more, his honesty about accepting that he smoked he robbed his own brother Made he take a vow that I will never smoke or drink (which I have kept all my life and will do in the future also)
Some of my friends used to make fun of him and I used to get very angry about it and I spent all my school life trying to make them realise how great he was?
For that I watched his Gandhi movie scores of times (it was my most Fav movie ever) I read his Experiments with Truth in my 6th std and during high school I went to library every Sunday to read full works of Gandhi
I won my first Dist level Elocution competetion talking about Gandhi and when I quote Albert Einstein saying that Generations to come will scarcely believe that such a man walked on this earth - There was an thunderous Applause
I went to Sabarmati Porbandar in my 8th std to experience Gandhi
My Puja Room always had his Photo
Cut to 2002 and when Gujarat riots happened - I couldn’t digest the fact that how can a monster like Modi come from Gujarat the same state where Gandhi was born
I was very hopeful that Modi will lose as I know Gujaratis are very peaceful and great people
But no Modi won - I thought may be they got swayed by emotions like how India got swayed after 1984 and so Modi will lose next election especially after Hum Paanch Hamare Pacchees kind of words - Again he won by big majority
I thought he would lose after decade - he won third time - I couldn’t understand why do Gujaratis vote for this monster ?
Don’t they have any heart ?
Then I heard about Modi from one person who I know is one of the most honest most brave and most liberal person I have known
She is an IAS officer (first female IAS officer from Guj) who took on CMs and Ministers
She was an inspiration to many youngsters like me
She left the IAS and joined an academy started by Modi Govt
This made me go deep What this Modi phenomenon is and why some people admire him so much
The deeper I went the more I realised how blind I am
I felt anguished to see that all my life I was swayed by an artificial story - An Make believe world of Good and Bad - Black and White
I never thought about doing original research on people - I just went by a narrative created by an ecosystem for their self interest

Gandhi never wanted or even deserved to be Father of Nation or Bapu or anything
British made him a great man and used him to control India and Nehru dynasty used him to get power and kept him as a Mask to stay in power
And it is this ecosystem which brain washes us from childhood to worship Gandhi and hate anyone who doesn’t behave like him
So I was a mere ploy in that drama and I had no mind of my own
Yes reading Bhagat Singh and how Gandhi hated him made me realise for first time that Gandhi is not such a great man
Reading Ambedkar and Subash Bose showed there is much more to India than Gandhian works
And seeing what Modi did to Guj showed there is much more to India than Gandhi dynasty
Today the more I do in depth about Gandhi I more I realise how harmful he was to India
Naokhali genocide and what Gandhi did to Hindus at that time will open your eyes to True Gandhi
No we don’t deserve to call him Father of Nation
He was just God Father of Nehru Ghandi Dynasty
India is too big and too old a Civilisation to have Daddy and Mummy
Dharma we follow is what made our nation not any single person
Great People come and go - some known most unknown
Bad people come and go -
But the Dharma stays and that is what keep us going





No comments:

Post a Comment